Saturday, April 23, 2011

Best Cake EVER

A throwback to my 7th birthday party.
 Today is my 30th Birthday. Hard to really think that it has already been 30 years. I have had so many blessings in my life so far and look forward to what the next 30+ years will bring. In honor of my birthday I will share one of my favorite recipes for birthday cake. Sorry there are no pictures of the process, but I thought I would take the day off.  Happy Birthday!

Ingredients: 

For the Cake
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup white sugar 
  • 1/2 cup butter. softened 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup milk
For the Icing
  • 1 cup butter (softened) 
  • 8 cups powdered sugar (or as needed for desired consistency)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1/2 cup milk
Directions: 

For the Cake

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9" round pan.
  2. Place flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, butter, eggs, vanilla, ans milk into a mixing bowl.
  3. Beat slowly to moisten, then beat at medium speed for about 2 minutes until smooth.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.
For the Icing

  1. Beat butter and sugar and vanilla together, adding powdered sugar in increments. Add milk AS NEEDED for desired consistence. Too much mil will make icing too runny.
Recipe from Britin Bostick

No comments:

Post a Comment