- Water to cover both the potatoes and beans
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound very small red potatoes, washed well, skins on
- 1 pound fresh green beans, stem ends snapped off, broken in half or thirds if long
- Garlic to taste
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Additional salt to taste
- Start the water, salt and sugar to a boil while prepping the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes as soon as they're prepped, cover and let cook until nearly done. (Actual time will vary based on the size and density of the potatoes.)
- Add the beans, return to a boil and cook for about 7 minutes or until the beans are well-cooked but still bright green. Drain.
- Return to the hot pot and toss with garlic and butter. Add salt if needed.
Yields 8 servings. Per Serving: Weight Watchers 4 points+, 157 Cal; 4 g Protein; 3 g Tot Fat; 31 g Carb; 6 g Fiber
Recipe from http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com 2008