This is a light and tasty side that goes great with grilled chicken.
- 8 ounces uncooked angle hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 small avocado, peeled, pitted and cut into small cubes
- 4 medium tomatoes, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in 3 quart saucepan over medium heat. Cook garlic in oil about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until garlic is tender, but not brown. Remove from heat.
- Stir basil, avocado and tomatoes into garlic in saucepan. toss vegetable mixture and pasta. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Per Serving: 6 weight watchers points+ 220 cals, 10g fat, 30g carbs, 3g fiber, 6g protein
Recipe from Betty Crocker's Diabetes Cookbook, 2003