Thursday, April 21, 2011

Spinach and Cheese Omelet

This was my go to breakfast while I was training for my half marathon. On the days that I would have my long runs I would make this because it is packed with protein and gave me plenty of energy for the long runs. You could easily substitute the two eggs for egg whites of even egg substitute for a very low cal and low fat breakfast.
Ingredients:
  1. 2 eggs 
  2. a handful of spinach
  3. 1 slice 2% Kraft American cheese single
  4. Penzeys mural of flavor (or any seasonings you desire) 
Directions:
  1. Heat skillet and spray with cooking spray.
  2. Beat eggs till frothy and add to hot pan.
  3. Sprinkle with seasoning.
  4. Tear spinach into small pieces and add to cooking egg.
  5. Flip when eggs are almost cooked through.
  6. Add cheese and fold over into omelet. 

Nutritional Information:
Made with 3 egg whites = 2 Weight Watcher Points+
Made with 2 whole egg  = 5 Weight Watcher Points+

No comments:

Post a Comment