- 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 4 (5 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup plain dries bread crumbs (I used panko bread crumbs because I had them on hand)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- Pour buttermilk into medium bowl and add chicken; cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or longer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine pecans, bread crumbs, and cajun seasoning on sheet of waxed paper. Remove 1 chicken breast from buttermilk, allowing the excess buttermilk to drip off. Coat chicken with pecan mixture, gently pressing to help it adhere. Discard any leftover buttermilk and pecan mixture. Lightly spray chicken on both sides with non stick spray.
- Spray large nonstick oven proof skillet with non stick spray and set over medium heat. Add chicken and cook until golden, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
Nutritional Information:Per Serving (1 breast) 6 weight watcher points+
252 cal, 9g fat, 8g carbs, 1g fiber, 32g protein
Recipe from Weight Watchers Points Plus Just 5; 125 recipes with 5 Ingredients 2011