Saturday, May 7, 2011

Sea Bass and 30th Birthday Dinner

 

 Being that Spain is surrounded almost entirely by water, it is no shock that fish and seafood are staples in the Spanish diet. I tried many different varieties of fish while in Spain, but the sea bass was by far my favorite. I had it twice with a mild onion reduction and once with saffron sauce. All of them we equally delicious and sea bass has become my new favorite fish.

While in Spain I had the pleasure of celebrating my 30th birthday. My husband surprised me with a dinner that would be fit for a king. We ate a restaurant that overlooked the Alhambra in Granada, Spain.  We started off right with a bottle of Cava and ordered two appetizers, white asparagus (not pictured) and assorted Spanish cheeses. For dinner I had sea bass with saffron sauce and my husband had lamb. For dessert we split a piece of chocolate cake. Everything was so good, I was stuffed! It was a great birthday dinner.
Sea Bass with Saffron Sauce
Our view at dinner in Granada, Spain.

Assorted Spanish cheese plate.


Alan had shoulder of lamb for his dinner.

Birthday Cake!



Cava (Spanish champagne)

No comments:

Post a Comment