This recipe is supper creamy and rich. You can also use lemon juice instead of white wine and swap asparagus for the spinach if you prefer. It is a great side with grilled chicken or steak.
- 1 package of baby spinach, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 small shallots, minced
- 1 cup uncooked arborio rice
- 1 Tbsp dry white wine
- 4 cups canned chicken broth
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat a medium pot with cooking spray and set over medium heat; melt butter. Add shallots; cook, stirring frequently, until translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add rice and toss to coat; cook for 2 minutes. Add wine; cook, until all wine has been absorbed, stirring continuously so rice does not stick to sides of pot, about 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, bring broth to a simmer; keep warm
- Add 1/2 cup of hot broth to pot at a time; stir until absorbed. Repeat with remaining broth, making sure each addition of broth is absorbed before adding more. This process takes about 20 minutes.
- When rice turns creamy and just done (should be slightly chewy and not mushy), remove pot from heat; add cheese and stir well. Stir in baby spinach; season with salt and pepper. Yields 1 scant cup per serving.
Recipe from www.weightwatchers.com