- 7 baking potatoes (about 2 1/2 - 3 lbs) pealed.
- 1 1/2 cups grated Gruyere cheese (about 1/4 lb)
- 3 large shallots, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temp.
- cups heavy cream
|These were amazing!|
- In a large pot of salted water boil potatoes until tender, 25-30 min. Drain
- Slice potatoes 1/4" thick when cool enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In medium bowl combine Gruyere, shallots, Parmesan, thyme and salt and pepper to taste.
- Rub inside of 4 qt. gratin dish with butter.
- Arrange potatoes in layers, sprinkling each layer with cheese mixture. End with layer of cheese on top.
- Pour heavy cream over potatoes .
- Cover and bake 50-60 minutes until top is golden brown. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.
From Instyle Parties, 2009