- 4-6 lb of beef, trimmed and tied
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oven to 450 degrees, rub beef with oil.
- Sprinkle beef with salt and pepper
- Place empty roasting pan in over for 5 minutes
- Remove pan and reduce oven temperature to 400 degrees.
- Place beef in pan.
- Roast till thermometer inserted in thickest part of meat reads 135 degrees for medium rare. (30-40 minutes)
- Remove from oven and cover loosely with foil and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Remove strings and slice.