- 1lb turkey sausage
- 8 oz canned mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 24 oz marinara sauce, store-bought
- 1 cup canned diced tomatoes. fire roasted, drained
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese.
- 1/4 cup egg substitute, such as egg beaters
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 9 items oven ready lasagna noodles (I had whole wheat on hand so I just boiled them till they were al dente.)
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, packed in water (I used a fresh red bell pepper and sauteed it with the turkey sausage and mushrooms.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a small pot, combine marinara sauce, garlic, and tomatoes; set over low heat and simmer for 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella and Parmesan cheeses; stir to combine. Stir in egg substitute, salt, pepper and oregano.
- In a saute pan brown turkey sausage and diced red bell pepper. Add canned mushrooms and spinach. Stir till spinach is wilted and warmed through.
- Spoon 1 cup of sauce in bottom of an 11- X 7-inch glass baking dish. Arrange 3 lasagna noodles over sauce, down center of dish. Spread half of cheese mixture (about 1 cup) over noodles; top with 1/2 of the turkey sausage mixture. Place 3 more noodles on top; spread with remaining cheese mixture and turkey sausage mixture. Top with 1 cup of marinara sauce; place remaining 3 lasagna noodles on top. Spoon remaining sauce over top and gently press down on lasagna.
- Cover dish loosely with aluminum foil; bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil; bake until sauce is lightly browned and noodles are tender when tested with a knife, about 10 to 15 minutes more. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes to firm up slightly.
Slice into 8 pieces and serve. Yields 1 piece per serving. 10 Points+ per serving
Recipe from weightwatchers.com