- 1 lb chicken sausage ( I used Italian turkey sausage)
- 32 oz chicken broth
- 16 oz Cannellini beans (I used great northern white beans)
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 cup dry whole wheat pasta (macaroni might be a good alternate to the spaghetti I had on hand)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup carrots sliced
- 1 cup zucchini diced
- 1 lb mushrooms sliced
- 1 tablespoon ground basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 14 oz diced tomatoes with green pepper and onion
- 8 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a non stick pan brown sausage with the minced garlic.
- In a stock pot bring broth, diced tomatoes, and seasonings to a boil.
- Add browned sausage and garlic. (I drain mine first on a paper towel to collect excess grease.
- Cover and simmer for 10- 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook and drain pasta.
- Add all the veggies except spinach to the stock pot and simmer for 10- 20 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Add spinach and cooked pasta. Simmer until spinach is wilted.
- Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese and serve.
8 servings at 6 weight watcher points+ value per serving.
Recipe from weightwatchers.com