I love make big breakfasts on weekend mornings. These banana nut muffins are a frequent occurrence in our house. They are quick, easy and a great way to get rid of ripe bananas. Don't let the whole wheat flour trick you into thinking they will be bland and dry. These muffins are full of flavor and very moist.I always 1/2 this recipe to make 1 dozen. Whole recipe make 2 dozen.
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat four
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 large bananas)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Fill two cupcake pans with 24 cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl stir together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl beat together the butter and sugar until blended.
- Add banana and mix well.
- Beat in eggs and mix completely. Don't worry if the mixture looks lumpy and curdled.
- Add the flour mixture and stir just until blended.
- Fold nuts into batter.
- Spoon batter into prepared cupcake pans and bake for 20 minutes, or until wooden pick comes out clean. Allow to cool on wire rack.