Monday, March 28, 2011

I DID IT!

Right after the race with my Finisher metal.
Yesterday I participated in and completed my first half marathon! I ran in the Dallas Rock 'n' Roll Half Marathon as part of the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon Series. The entire experience was so uplifting and fulfilling. Looking at all the people running was such an inspiration and motivation to keep going an to push myself. I was able to run the entire 13.1 miles with out stopping and my over all chip time was 02:21:15. I trained for 10 weeks and followed this program.

In addition to running the half marathon,  I raised funds for the world’s largest breast cancer organization, Susan G. Komen for the Cure®. Through the generosity of friends and family I have raised $1,430.00 to date. A special thank you to all who donated! Please know that your donations are going to such a great cause. Throughout the race I saw so many men and women running in honor of or in memory of their loved ones who have suffered with breast cancer. The most inspirational ones where the women who had survivor bibs on, how awesome is that to overcome and beat breast cancer. It was an honor to be apart of Susan G. Komen Marathon for the Cure! If you would still like to make a donation my personal page will be up for one month post race date (April 27, 2011).

I also wanted to say thank you to my friend Caroline for encouraging me to sign up and also for training with me. I could not have done the long runs with out  you! Also a big thank you to my husband Alan and my sister-in-law Susan for getting up early and cheering us on throughout the race! You guys are awesome! Here are few photos taken by Alan of the day's activities.
Trying to stay warm before the race
Caroline and I at the start line.


Me at the 9 mile mark. Feeling good!
Thank you to all who donated!


Me and Caroline at the Susan G. Komen tent.
They rolled out the pink carpet!


Finish line was at Texas Fair Park
 The whole experience was awesome! Thanks Caroline for pushing me to sign up, I am glad I did it!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Races are so addicting, especially that immediate high afterwards. What an accomplishment...or rather two accomplishments: finishing the race and raising all that money!! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete