- 1 clove garlic clove, crushed
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast, diced
- 2 cups water
- 14 1/2 oz canned tomatoes, whole, peeled and chopped
- 5 1/2 oz uncooked wild rice, long grain
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp chili powder, or to taste
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 medium green pepper, chopped (I just used 1 whole red pepper and omitted the green pepper)
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced (I omitted this ingredient)
- 2/3 cup frozen green peas
- Spray a large nonstick frying pan with cooking spray, heat, then brown garlic, onions and chicken.
- Add water, tomatoes, rice, turmeric and chili powder. Cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add peppers and celery and simmer 10 minutes more, stirring occasionally. Add peas and simmer until rice and peas are tender, 5 to 10 minutes. Adjust liquid if necessary.
4 servings at 8 points+ per serving.
Recipe from weightwatchers.com