- 2 cloves, minced
- 1 pound uncooked lean ground beef (with 7% fat)
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin Seed
- 1 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 1/2 cups canned diced tomatoes, with jalapenos or green chilies
- 8 small corn tortillas, lightly toasted just before serving if desired (I used mission carb smart tortillas)
- 2 cups lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, sharp-variety ( I used 2% Mexican blend)
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add beef; cook until browned, breaking up meat as it cooks, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add cumin, coriander, salt and diced tomatoes; cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid is almost absorbed, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Place tortillas on a flat surface. Top each with about 1/4 cup beef, 1/4 cup lettuce, 1 tablespoon cheese and 2 teaspoons salsa. Fold tortillas in half and serve. Yields 2 tacos per serving.
Each serving has 7 Points+. Makes 4 servings.
Recipe from weightwatchers.com