- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs ( I used Italian flavored bread crumbs)
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt (I used garlic powder)
- 1 large egg
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 cup marinara
- 3/4 cup part-skim grated mozzarella cheese
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic salt. In another shallow bowl, beat the egg until frothy.
- Wrap chicken breasts in plastic wrap (I used a large zip-lock bag) and place on cutting board. Gently flatten to an even 1/2" thickness with a mallet (I used a rolling pin since I don't have a mallet).
- Dredge each chicken breast through egg and then through bread crumb mixture.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken 4-5 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Spoon marinara onto each breast and add grated mozzarella on top. Cover and reduce heat for about 3 minutes until cheese is melted.
1 serving = 1 Chicken Breast
1 serving = 9 points+
340 calories, 14 grams fat, 13 carbs, 39 protein, 0 grams fiber
Recipe from Diabetes and You Magazine, Holiday 2010 /Winter 2010